.

.

.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

my own little spring nook






I am so happy to, after more than six months, be able to decorate with furniture that are our own and small things that aren't borrowed from the flat we are renting. This is how my own little spring nook looks like! It is in one corner of our combined livingroom and diningroom.

The prints I have bought from Taulu ja tapetti (Oma koti kullan kallis) and Highway Design (Home is where the heart is).

Highway Design products can be bought online from Hops Shop and Konglomerat in Finland and Mokkasin in Sweden. Johanna is a friend of mine and I am really a sucker for her design. Be sure to check out her other projects and collectives: FYRAN and Design Stories Ostrobothnia.

I've covered tin cans with knits. Hopefully I will return on that matter soon.

The horse head candle stick is from another friend, Linda Karlsson. She is an art potter. I went to see her one man exhibition ".bird.and.fur.in.space." at ID:I Galleri and I fell in love with her characters. I really admire her work too!






The black metal wire hangers are from ICA Maxi. A six pack cost only about 10 SEK. Me likes!



I am on a knitting frenzy, creating my own patterns. I keep yarn and needles close and in the open, then I can easily pick them up when I walk by a knit a few rows now and then.







It has been too long since I bought fresh flowers. I love looking at them!








I bought this cupboard at Myrorna thrift shop. It was perfect for my nook! And I got it pretty cheap! Happy!



A few hours later my nook had a new look. My daughter also wanted to decorate, and she on her hand is a sucker for coloured tape! Note the wall art from one of her earlier decorating sessions.



My corner still looked good in evening lamp light.












Another investment I've made for our new apartment is these metal stools. Near the shoe store I work in, in the galleria in Liljeholmen, is a TGR store. I walk by it everytime I arrive by subway. It is a really dangerous store. And wonderful, cause these stools only cost 60 SEK per chair. A very good alternative to all those chabby chic dead exspensive ones that are so popular. And yes, they are steady!



Let's hope spring comes soon! While waiting I have my spring indoors.


All the best to your Thursday!







No comments: