.

.

.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Baby elephant

Several of the old baby sweaters me and my siblings used to wear as babies were stained even though they had been washed. So I decided to try out a project I found in a lovely book; Cool Baby, making new out of old, a book I ordered recently. And since I am in love with elephants a baby dumbo got to parade on the first stained sweater.

You draw the picture you want and convert it into a cross stitch pattern (you can use mine if you wish). Fasten some waste canvas ( = stramalj) to the sweater and start cross stitching the pattern.


I used double sewing machine thread.

Cut off extra canvas from the edges...

... and start removing the waste canvas.

Half way...

... and done! Pretty little elephant.

S

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Så fiffigt!! :D

A&AC project said...

Great idea, looks very cute!

Anonymous said...

Oj vad otroligt söt! *smått avundsjuk på vissas handarbetstalanger*

Hörde att avslutningsmiddagen var bra. Var rätt sur på alla "bobbor" som av någon anledning verkar gilla mig i år ;) Jag hoppas du fick mitt mail iaf.

Ha det bra!

malakta maja said...

Så smart och snyggt! Roliga projekt du har på gång.

Ulla said...

That looks really nice!