.

.

.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Velvet Shrug Tutorial

This is how I made my "byx-ärm", my velvet shrug. Below are some photos on how I sewed the lining:
I pinned the right side of the fabric to the wrong side of the trousers and sewed.

I had ironed the folding beforehand so now it was easy to fold the fabric over on the right side of the trousers. I made a hem by folding and ironing before pinning, and now I just had to pin the fabric in place, over the sewed edge.

All pinned up!

This way you get a nice hem, both on the outside of the garment as well as on the wrong side (inside) of the shrug.

And finally, nice stitches in a nice colour. Done!

What does your shrug look like?

S

1 comment:

teresa said...

how awesome and simple that was! Now, time for me to find some old pants to cut.. thanks for sharing