.

.

.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Crafty Autumn

(photo above by Tini Rantanen)

We are back on track with our "syjunta" (craft club). Hoooray! I have missed our Tuesday meet-ups. Last night we went through books and magazines for inspiration on what to make. One of us wanted to make trousers for her daughter out of refashioned shirts, so last night she made trousers from a thrifted fabric before she cut into the shirts. We found a pattern in Japanese that we used. I will soon make a list of links to free patterns for childrens clothing, so stay tuned!

I decided on making a kimono for my son, but did not get started until today. More on that later too. Today I ordered a bias tape maker. I do not know why but I have a thing for bias tape and now I can make my own! Second hoooray of today!

Have a good Wednesday!
S

No comments: