.

.

.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Recipe for Lemon Soup

I was thinking of writing the recipe of the Lemon Soup here earlier and now that some of you are asking for it I'll do it right away. I think I even know it by heart!

1,5 l water
ca 0,75 dl "mannagryn" (=semolina in English)
Put the "mannagryn" in boiling water and let boil for 10 minutes.
Pour in
0,5 dl raisins and put aside

Whip up
1 egg and
1,5 dl sugar in the soup bowl

Pour the hot water with the mannagryn and raisins over the egg whip and stir strongly while pouring.

Wash 2 lemons and grate the peel off of one of them. Put into the soup together with the juice from the same lemon. If you want the soup to have richer lemon taste you grate a little more of the second lemon peel, be careful with the amount because the soup might taste bitter if you put too much, be sure to taste once in a while. You can also add more lemon juice.

Serve soup while still warm. It is a sweet soup and I eat it as it is (together with hard bread and butter), but you can add some whipped cream if you wish.

This is me translating a Swedish recipe into English, not the easiest, but I hope you get the most important details right:)

Bon apetit!
A

1 comment:

Ulla said...

How much hot water? or is it the water with mannagryn and raisins? This sounds so delicious I would like to try it.