.

.

.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

DIY letter garland


Here comes, hopefully, some inspiration for a simple DIY, a project that can be a daily encouragement.

 
 

I got this as a Christmas gift from my sister-in-law Ester: a paper folder and an exacto knife. Gets your creativeness set on making a lot of new DIY projects!

A few days ago I decided to make a letter garland (to continue the garland theme I started the day before Valentine's Day). I've seen several letter garlands in the blogosphere and been very temped to own one myself. So with my new knife and some borrowed words I started my DIY.



My favourite DIY project paper: clothing cataloges. Recycle, recycle!!! Find beautiful colours or patterns.



I cut strips that were 7 cm wide.



I found an encouraging quote and sketched the kind of letters I wanted. I started cutting letters from the strips. The width of the strips became the hight of the letters. That way every letter was equally high.



 I punched holes in the letters through which I thread some twine. And with the help of some:



I got it all assembled up on the wall.



 It is like a positivity mantra, I can decide that it is going to be a good day. I had a tough autumn of 2012; lots of changes and a burn-out made me very low. So for me it is a big thing to cut these words out and display them, and for me to every day remind me that life is better and can be good.

What words are important to you?

All the best!



No comments: