.

.

.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

oh those thrift finds

My latest harvest. First off; the shoes!








The boots and sandals I have longed for for ages, but have not felt I could afford buying new ones. And now, there they were, and I can tell you; they were not expensive! I am very happy about them. The heels of the boots are in bad shape, but I figure I can put money on reparation since they were so affordable.



The above elefanten-shoes my mother-in-law thrifted for wee M. Adorable. And all leather.



Two big pillow cases of this romantic fabric. I've been looking in thrift shops for nice flowered fabric for ages, and finally! Might become a tunic or shirt for me. (I also finally ordered a Japanese dress and tunic pattern book, but more on that when I receive it!)



I found a bag with pieces of Marimekko striped fabrics. The pieces aren't that big, bu I'll be able to sew something for the wee ones, like skirts, tights, t-shirts and so.




Fabrics. Love the above pictured apron with interesting pattern combinations. It is a large apron so I'll probably use the blue fabric to sew something wearable for myself.



My sister-in-law found this for me. We spent 2 hours and 15 minutes at one thrift shop and it was definately worth it!



1 comment:

mammagrön said...

Vilka fina grejer du fyndat! Jag skulle gärna också ha ett par gladiatorsandaler. Har sett på det där samma förklädet vid loppis, men kom inte riktigt på vad jag skulle göra med det. Bra att det kom till ett gott hem ändå ;-)