.

.

.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas decorations year 2009

Last year I made one or several posts about Christmas decorations. This year I'll make one or several too! I was crazy about crafting decorations last year (pretty sure it was the amount of hormones my body was attacked by that caused the craze!), but I haven't been that active crafting this year. But there are still days left before Christmas Eve!

Here are my favourites for this year:

Dried oranges
For decorating gifts, wreaths or table centerpieces.
Keep in the oven on aprox 100°C for a few hours.



Lace candle holders
I made these to sell at the fairs I attended. I love them!



Apple and cinnamon scented decorations
A great decoration idea from one of my favourite bloggers: Underbara Clara!
Cut two apples in thin slices. Paint them with lemon juice to keep them from staining. Dry flat on a tray in a warm place for a couple of days.



Beautiful wrapping paper
From Clas Ohlson!



Candle and berries
On the livingroom table.



Chandelier with juniper twigs



Vintage Christmas curtains
I made the curtains from a vintage bed sheet with lace. I cut the sheet in half, longside, and sewed the edges. Simple and very pretty!


Since shopping in Helsinki and Turku (and tomorrow IKEA) I have a lot of new ideas to craft!

What is your favourite Christmas decoration?

Next week it is time for Christmas sweets!

All the best to you!
S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..! You are so talented.. I love Christmas cookies.

Anonymous said...

Favorit-julgrej: våra vita stjärnor i fönstren och mina nisse-tomtar (med höga smala strut-luvor). Saknar: hyacinter, men jag prioriterar trots allt att min man kan andas. Just och just, haha!